Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Disturbing to watch

this shows how violent bullying and cyber-bullying can become

I know you guys are probably tired of seeing post from The Today Show but I just love that show and its really the only way I get my news. There was a story today about several teens beating another girl because she "trash talked" them on MySpace. They videotaped the beating so that they could "splash it all over the internet" later. They felt no remorse, even laughing about it. The beating left the young teen with a concussion, loss of hearing in one ear, loss of vision in one eye and black eyes and bruises all over. I don't care if the girl did "trash talk" them on MySpace (which to high school girls is a horrible thing to do to someone), no one deserves to be beaten the way that she was and videotaped! And a parent of one of the girl's that did the beating said it was "blown out of proportion". Another reason that parents need just as much education on bullying and cyber-bullying as the teens do.


1 comments:

Sherry said...

Yes, that's very sick.