Saturday, April 5, 2008

I can't do everything right ALL the time

alright, alright... sorry I left you outta my blog

My dear friend Chesney pointed out to me last night that I left her out of my blog a few days ago about all the people I first met when I came to Pitt. Oh Chez, you know how important you are to me, but as I mentioned last night I was talking about the VERY FIRST time I came to town. I didn't meet you until weeks later. But, boy do I remember the first time I met my beautiful friend Chesney.

It was about 2 weeks after Jared and I met and we were talking on the phone constantly. We were talking one Friday night and I kept hearing this girl's voice in the background. She kept saying, "Let me talk to her, let me talk to her, I wanna meet this girl you keep talking about". I asked Jared who it was and he said that it was his best friend Chesney. I was a little taken aback by this... Jared, has a best friend that is a girl. (I find out later he in fact had TWO great friends that were girls, one was Jeremy's girlfriend at the time. AND that he had dated both of them) HA! I suddenly was a little jealous. He said that they had been close friends since high school and they were always there for each other. "She's great Stacy, you will just love Chez", he told me.

I finally got to talk to her that night on the phone and all I can remember is her saying, "Hi Stacy, I'm Chesney... Birk has told me so much about you, he won't stop talking about you." HAHA. Then I hear Jared in the background laughing with his buddies. I continue to talk to Chesney for a while that night and get to know her a little better. I was still a little unsure because she was so close to Jared and I wasn't as close to him yet. And, this is funny, I had this vision in my mind that she was a tall, blonde bimbo. HA!

Once I moved to Pittsburg I got to know Chesney even better and we became great friends. She taught me a lot about Jared, about his past and some of the reasons he is the way he is. I don't know what I would have done without her to be honest. There were a few times that she was the only one that could get through to Jared or even be able to figure out his moods (which can be a difficult task sometimes, haha)

Chesney and I have both grown up. She is getting ready to graduate from PSU this May with her degree in broadcast communication. I am so proud of her for her hard work in radio and on Gorillavision! She really has a knack for broadcasting and I can't wait to hear her on syndicated radio some day, haha. You've come a long way honey and I am proud of you and proud to call you my friend.


0 comments: