Friday, April 17, 2009

Kansas bound

Not me... my hubby

Jared and Hicks left for Kansas this morning for the annual Jake's Fireworks shoot-off. I wanted desperately to join them, but I have very limited vacation/personal time at work and I know I want to travel a few places this summer. :( So, I am sad that I will not get to hang in P-burg this weekend, but that is ok. I have plenty to do here, that is for sure. What's on my list? Well, tonight I plan to have dinner and drinks with my friend Michelle. Saturday I plan to do some spring cleaning around the apartment, which will include cleaning Hicks' bathroom. Long story, but it involved a Texas Hold 'Em video game at the bar. Let's just say, I lost the bet. :)

After doing a day of cleaning, I may head up to the Elks Lodge for some karaoke, or may go hang with my girls Stace and Genna (that is, of course, assuming that the sickness plaguing their household is gone). And, Sunday... God intended it as a day of rest and that is what I intend to do.

In other randomness:
1. Jared told me last night that we don't kiss each other enough. It was so cute that he even thought about it, but he was right. So we are making more of a conscience effort to not only say we love each other, but to give hugs and kisses more often. :) I know.. corny... but this is our life and I love it!
2. We have lived in Indiana for nearly a year! Can you believe it, because I can't! A blog about this will come soon (possibly today... I feel like blogging today for some reason)
3. Our house is still for sale.... anyone wanna take Obama's house buyer plan and buy a beautiful home in Girard, KS?????
4. We were approved to consolidate a small amount of our debt, which is a relief to us. As I am sure many of you are experiencing, we had several credit card interest rates jump WAY up for no particular reason. How does one go from 7.9 fixed to 22.94 variable? It is insane to me! But, that is what the economy has given us and Jared and I are trying to tackle it one step at the time the best way we can.
5. I'm not real impressed with the new Flatts CD. I think every new one they come out with is not as good as the last. Maybe it will grow on me, but at first listen I am not real impressed. Sorry Rascals... I still love you though and I am listening to Me and My Gang right now :)
6. Anyone living in the Girard area needing a lawnmower let me know. We have one in the shed that Jared bought new before we moved, a self-propelled push mower. We also have a 91 Ford F150 for sale too. :) I think it needs a new alternator, but it is a good truck for the year.

Enough for now.... I may be back later for more :) Happy Friday everyone!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I wish you could have came here. I love the new Flatt's CD.. !