It's adios reality
You can act just like a fool
People think you're cool
Just 'cause you're on TV
I can throw a major fit
When my latte isn't just how I like it
When they say I've gone insane
I'll blame it on the fame
And the pressures that go with
Being a celebrity
- Brad Paisley
Have I told you all that we are famous? Well, it didn't take long for us Kansans to be considered celebrities at our favorite eatery Texas Land and Cattle Company. Note: You know you are getting old when you are no longer a celebrity at the club or the bar, but instead at a family restaurant.
On Thursdays they have $2 appetizers and $2 big Bud Lights so we tend to make an appearance on Thursdays, which usually works well because we never have a lot of food on hand at the end of the week anyway. It is soooo cheap and so yummy and we know just about everyone that works there by name and have made friends with the other "usuals" that are there on Thursdays. I even booked a jewelry show with one of them!!! :) Seriously, and I know you all think I am lying, but when we walk in people notice. :) Apparently we are THAT cool. :)
Hahaha... can you tell I was stretching to find something to blog about today.
Anyways, we always have a great time conversing with local folk and making new friends at our favorite place TLC.
On to other things... are you all ready for Halloween tonight???? Julie and I bought the rest of the items needed for our costumes the other day and we are ready to roll!!! The party is Saturday so we still have time to perfect them! We just have to get the guys' costumes figured out.
Here's our ideas:
Hicks - Paperboy from the Nintendo game
Jared - A Street (black shirt, paint, toy cars)
Hicks is willing to go and is as excited as Hicksey can be :) But Jared is not to fond of dressing up. Julie is convinced she will get him into costume and to the party, but I have been TRYING to get him to dress up and enjoy Halloween for about 8 years now and he never participates. Party Pooper!!! If Julie and I can pull this off and get him dressed up as a street, or anything, it will be a great accomplishment!!!!! Wish us luck! My goal is to take pictures and actually post them, which is something I have been slacking in lately :(
Catch you all on the flip side. Be good... no toilet papering or egging guys! Leave that to the middle schoolers. :)
Friday, October 31, 2008
Cause when you're a celebrity
Posted by Stacy Birk at 10/31/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment