Monday, October 20, 2008

Back to life, Back to reality

WOW, have I been a slacker when it comes to blogging lately.

I apologize. Life is crazy isn't it? Somedays I just wanna breathe but this crazy world won't let me. Maybe someday I will get to feel that deep breath and that tension throughout my body release and I can just relax.

Aaaaahhhhhh......

Ok, back to reality. We had a busy busy busy weekend. Jared's dad and step mom came to visit, I had my jewelry shows and I was on the verge of sick the entire time. Go figure.

The inlaws came into town Friday and Jared took them out to dinner at Fridays while I went out with my jewelry sponsor Amy and her husband to the Japanese steakhouse. YUM YUM! It was nice to see someone from back home and it did kinda make more homesick. :( But we had a good time eating, chatting and talkin' about the jewelry business.

Saturday I had my two shows. I was disappointed in the turnout, especially since many of the RSVPs didn't even show. I did, however, get two shows booked and made a little money. I was pretty upset, but then I told myself to keep my chin up and keep going. I am going to have to work hard to make this work; it isn't going to be just given to me. So, I have followed up with everyone who could not come and offered an incentive to buy or book a show. We will see how it goes. I just have to keep on giving it 110%!!!!

The in-laws and Jared helped with the show too by getting some snacks and Janet even bought some Christmas gifts for Grandma Birk. SSShhhhh... don't tell her! :)

Sunday, the day I really wasn't feeling well, we went to the College Football Hall of Fame (which is in downtown South Bend). Can you believe that Jared and I hadn't been there yet? Crazy. It was a pretty cool place with a lot to read and take in. I was fascinated with the history of football. I could have spent all day in there reading about it. After the hall of fame we drove around the Notre Dame campus. It was beautiful! Leaves of reds, oranges and yellows were blowing in the wind and families dressed up from Mass were taking a Sunday leisurely walk. The campus was quiet except for the occassional car and small groups of students enjoying the Sunday before another week of classes. Ah, it was nice.

The rest of the day was spent eating and watching football.

We had a grand time with our family and we hope they can come back to visit again real soon.

1 comments:

Southeast Kansas Education Service Center -- Greenbush said...

Um, hello, its been how many days since you posted? Slacker if you want to keep your title you better get with the progam and start a new post!!!!!

See how much I miss you, still bossing you around!