our anniversary in Chicago
Jared and I had a great time visiting Chicago this weekend for our anniversary. Our plan was to take the South Shore Train from South Bend to Chicago, but decided at the last minute to drive. Good thing Jared does well in city traffic cause I would have had a complete panic attack. But, overall, the traffic really wasn't bad and it was really easy to get to our hotel. Good job Jared!!!
After we checked into our hotel we decided to walk around a little. Our original plan was to head to the Navy Pier, but we didn't think we had enough time to check it out, eat dinner and get to our comedy show in time. So, we opted to walk around Grant and Millennium Parks, which were very close to our hotel, nestles between Michigan Ave. and Lake Michigan. We could not have asked for a better day, it was beautiful and people were walking around everywhere enjoying the the scenery and the Water and Air show that was going on. It was relaxing to walk through the luscious green park and see the skyline on one side and the bright blue water of Lake Michigan on another side. I love Chicago!
After dinner at the Park Grille in Millennium Park, we headed to our comedy show at the Apollo Theater in the Lincoln Park area of town. Anyone who watches House Hunters as faithfully as I do has probably seen the billions of episodes where young couples are looking for a home in Lincoln Park. Well, I can see why. It was such a quaint and quiet, but also energetic neighborhood. Town homes and condos lined the small streets and couples and families biking and walking throughout the neighborhood. The little shops, pubs, delis and restaurants added to its charm. I was impressed. At the Apollo we watched the Second City Improv All Stars show. The entire show is completely improvised (just think Who's Line is It Anyway?). It was a really good time and I was shocked to learn just how many comedians got their start with Second City like Bill Murray, Tina Fey, Martin Short and Chris Farley. Hopefully we saw some up-in-coming talent. :)
After the show we went to the Howl at the Moon Dueling Piano Bar. Have I mentioned how much I love Piano Bars, cause I do! :)
Well, I can say our first anniversary celebration was a huge success! Can't wait to go visit Chicago again in two weeks with Marla and Jeremy! :)










0 comments:
Post a Comment