busy, busy, busy days ahead
I FINALLY got a little trip to Chicago figured out for our first wedding anniversary (thanks for the help Marla) and I am really excited. We "Hotwired" a hotel (I was a Hotwire virgin until yesterday and now I think I am hooked). We put in for a four-star hotel in the Magnificent Mile area. Well, most of those were pretty pricey, so we looked a little south to the Loop and found one for $94 a night! It ended up being the Hilton (can't go wrong there) and the normal price through normal booking would have been $172 a night (thanks for Marla, again, for showing me how good of a deal I got). So, needless to say I was happy about this little Hotwire experiment.
Then I decided to book us tickets to the Second City Improv Comedy Show at the Apollo. The tickets were $25 a person, which can't be beat and it looked like a lot of fun. Other than that, I figured we would do some sight seeing, visit the Navy Pier and just take in Chicago. Neither one of us has really had a chance to visit and get to know the city. I think we will have a good time! Just wish us luck on the South Shore Train line and the L Trains... I'm a little rusty on subway riding. I'm thinking I'm gonna need to print some maps. :)
So, this is one of our weekends in August that is planned, but we have a busy month ahead of us folks.
Here's the lowdown:
August 6-8 - Hitting a few Silverhawks baseball games. They are giving out free hats tonight and we are determined to get one! :)
August 9 - FINALLY using our tickets to Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, OH
August 11 - Going to the Indiana State Fair to help with our booth for work
August 16 - Heading to Chicago for our anniversary adventure
August 21-24? - Jared's very good friend Adam is coming to visit.
August 24-27 - I am in Indianapolis for the National Prevention Network Conference for work
August 29-Sept. 1 - Marla and Jeremy are flying into Chicago and are spending a day with us in South Bend and then we are all spending a few days in Chicago.
BUSY BUSY... but we love it!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
I'm booked this whole month folks
Posted by Stacy Birk at 8/06/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Your schedule sounds busy but fun! Enjoy it! The one year mark is a fun one. It is all down hill from there. (just kidding) Jeremy and I will have our 4th this October. Yikes. old married couple.
Is his old friend Adam (red)? If so tell him Doug said hi.
Yep! That would be good ole Red! I'll tell him that you (Doug) said hi. I almost forgot they used to call you that, haha
Be sure to tell my man Daughtry Hello while you're at the state fair. So jealous.....Happy Anniversary and have fun in Chicago!
Post a Comment