My first trip by myself to Indianapolis I get stuck in Colts traffic downtown. Go figure!
And, turns out, the trip to Indy is worse than that dreaded trip to Topeka I used to have to drive all the time. The highway to Indy is four-lane, but 60 mph the entire time and there are a few towns you have to go through and they have a hundred freakin' stoplights. At least in Kansas most of the towns we went through just had one flashing red light. lol. Once in Indy it takes forever to get downtown. AARRGGHHH. Consider yourself lucky Misty. :)
I am in Indy until Wednesday for the annual National Prevention Network conference. The last NPN I went to was in 2005 in New York when I worked with Marla and Misty, *sigh*, those were good times at Greenbush. This conference should be pretty good and it was nice that it worked out to be so close this year.
Anyhow (this blog might be a little random so bear with me), Adam was here this weekend to visit and we had a pretty good time. Crazy, as it always is with Adam, but fun :). Julie joined us most of the weekend and we got some good old fashioned Nintendo playing going on. Hicks scored Paperboy for me from one of his friends back in P-burg. Thanks Hicks!!!! I have been wanting to play that game forever and I still haven't played it, haha. I still have a hard time with our retarded controller, so I refuse to play until I have a good controller that I can actually use :) But don't worry, I plan to totally rock at that game.
It was nice to see Adam and hang out with him. Him and Jared are such great friends and it is so nice that they got to spend some time together.
Once I get home from Indy, its go-time again for the Birks. I am sure, since the boys are home by themselves this week, that the house will need a good cleaning and I will need to get things ready for Marla and Jeremy on Friday night. Oh, busy busy! Then we will head to Chicago on Saturday and Sunday with Marla and Jeremy. We aren't sure if Jared and I are staying both nights or not, but either way we will get to hang out with our friends and have some fun in Chicago.
Well, I guess that's about all for now. Hopefully I will have a more profound post later this week. :)
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Nice
Posted by Stacy Birk at 8/24/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Never thought anyone would say the drive to Topeka is lucky, but if it wasn't for that luck I'd have none at all. "I MISS NYC!!!!!!!!!" too. Enjoy NPN and Dr. Eman for me.
Post a Comment