Monday, December 24, 2007

This one is my favorite... you should buy this!

there is an art to selling fireworks... it's called BULL-SHITTING

I have come realize that Jared is a pretty good salesman! He can wheel and deal fireworks extremely well. Probably because he has been doing this job for so long... but it is fun to watch him. I am not quite as versed in the product as he is, although I have surprised myself at just how much I DO know about fireworks.

Besides watching Jared sell today, it has been a pretty easy day - setting up displays and picking up the tent. I even got to shower at a truck stop for the first time! YIPEEE!!!!! Actually it wasn't too bad... better than some hotels I have stayed in! haha. But it was sooo nice to get a hot shower, do my hair and look pretty. Then I battled the Wal-Mart in Zachary to get a few things. WOW... I forgot how crazy it is before Christmas... it was sooooo busy! And, I have got the camper cleaned up and it is actually not to bad! Our air mattress is even surprisingly comfortable!

So, things have been easy today... but we haven't even came close to busy yet. Jared said on the 31st we will be lucky to even look up from our registers! I can handle that... I worked retail... I know what that is like. What I can't handle is all the physical labor, haha, not used to that with my "desk" job! And you know what? Jared isn't giving me any slack either! He makes me work hard :) Oh well, it is good for me!

1 comments:

Julie said...

glad you are having fun so far! I am loving the "on the road" updates. I checked your mail yesterday but there was none so I didn't make it in. I will try and drop by and see jada tomorrow. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Julie