Saturday, December 22, 2007

The adventure has officially begun

hard work never killed anyone, but I'd rather not do it

So, I made it to Jackson, La. without any issues. I was actually quite surprised that I was able to drive 12 hours straight through to get here. It freaked my mom out! But, I did it!

But, I have come to find out in the last 12 hours that driving here was the EASY part (even though I found myself in a few questionable convenience stores on the way).

We arrive at our location just in time to unload a Ryder FULL of product. (NOTE: Jared told me that by the time I arrived in Louisiana the tent would already be set up) YEAH RIGHT! He had to help with other locations, so ours wasn't even close being ready.

I had mentally prepared myself for this journey. I knew it would be hard work and it would test me. And I knew that it would be an experience that I would never forget. But when I cut my finger on a box knife opening the first box of Snappers, got the car stuck in rocks and walking into our camper that smelled from the last people that used it... I started to wonder if I would survive this trip to Louisiana. :) Jared started to wonder too! But, I worked hard all afternoon setting up displays and I have to say... they look damn good!

But, my spirits are high and I can't wait to get everything set up and start making money!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds exciting! Good luck.