i am a little nervous
The route I mapped out on Google from Kansas to Louisiana includes a lot of bridges over large bodies of water... swampy water. I have had a fear of bridges collapsing WAY before the Minneapolis bridge disaster. Sailboat Bridge in Grove is enough to make my heart beat speed up. Plus, who the hell knows what's in that swampy water.... yuck!
Not only do I dislike driving over water, but I also dislike driving at night, driving in unknown places and driving on extremely busy highways.
So, you ask, how the heck am I gonna drive 12 hours all by myself to sell fireworks with Jared over Christmas Break? Lots of coffee, music, and happy thoughts. At least, that's what I am hoping will work!
But, once I get there is when the real adventure begins... fireworks, a camper, a port-a-potty, showering at a truck stop and LOTS of Cajuns!
Wish me luck!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Gearing up for my first trip to Louisiana
Posted by Stacy Birk at 12/16/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Oh girl it will be fun! If only I knew someone in the swampy parts that I could take off and ride with you. I think we'd have fun on a road trip :) Are you going through Tennessee, maybe you could just drop me off in Nashville? :) Just kidding...you'll have a blast. Turn up the radio and sing as loud as you can, and dont give a rip about who gives you funny looks!!!!
I get funny looks no matter what I do! haha
We will have to take a road trip sometime... I think we would have a blast!
Post a Comment