Saturday, November 15, 2008

Step by Step

ooohhhh baby... gonna get to you girl


Oh my bloggie friends, I am back! I have missed you all and it took me a good hour to catch up on everyone's blogs.

I have so much to say about my trip I don't even know where to begin! Here goes....

The Road Trip: About 90 miles into the trip we take a wrong turn in Chicago and get into an argument. Conversation doesn't fully continue until we get to Bloomington, IL and even then tempers are high. :) A great start to our trip.

Tulsa: We arrive in Tulsa Saturday evening at about 7:30 p.m. We had a wonderful time visiting my parents and my sister who came down for the weekend.
Girard/Pittsburg: Oh, our poor little house still has that lonely for sale sign in front. :( It was in pretty good shape... a few house crickets inside, but other than that no sign if mice or other rodents intruding on our precious home. We turned the heat on to 50 degrees, put our vent covers on the outside of the house and made sure everything was in good shape. We then went over to Pittsburg to eat at Chatters with all our friends. So glad we got to hang with all of you!NKOTB Concert: This is the BEST part!!!! Misty and I headed to the Sprint Center in KC for the concert of the year... yes, that's right the New Kids on the Block! It was such a great concert. At one point, when Joey was singing Please Don't Go Girl and he got down on his knees like he did on the Pay-per-View special in the late 80s, I seriously thought I might faint. :) I had to ask Misty to make sure my knees didn't buckle and to catch me if I fell. :) Ah, I love them! Their dance moves were just as great as they always were, their voices were on pitch and wonderful the entire night and they made every girl in their late 20s and early 30s feel like they were teenagers again. It was a great night! AND... they played more music from their new CD and I am totally digging their new songs. I will have to go get that CD soon.
Wichita: Wednesday we headed to Wichita to see all our friends that have relocated there over the years. Everyone met us at On The Border for dinner and I couldn't have been happier. I got to see all my girls.... Shawna (who graciously let us crash at her house), Holly, Melanie, Amber, Jessica, and my sister Alicia. My cheeks and stomach hurt the next day from smiling and laughing so much. Thanks for a great time gals!!!! The Road Trip Home: It was long and we were tired. Enough said. :)

Thanks for showing us a great time everyone! We appreciate and love all of you and we can't wait until next time we see you!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Still got the " right stuff" here in KS that left you "hangin' tough' when you had to leave. So glad you could make it for the concert, it was so awesome. Definitely a tie with Bon Jovi/Daughtry for the year!

Julie said...

I missed you and it sucks. Oh well. You know what sucks even worse, that I was in KC on Tuesday night and at the Sprint Center bright and early wed. morning for a conference. I missed the New Kids, but for the first time in my life I can say I was in the same place as them during the same 24 hours. I guess that's better than nothing.

Jaime said...

Glad you had a great time! You got a lot done in that short venture! That's crazy you know Amber. Sarah & I went to school w/ her. Small world. Hmm, maybe she's related to your hubby...

Delena said...

I don't miss Pittsburg at ALL, but I sure miss Chatters. :-)