Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm so lonesome I could cry

Christmas may be a very lonesome time for this girl.

We found out today that Jared is headed to South Carolina to help Jeremy and Josh with their warehouse during the winter busy season.

It is kind of a double-edged sword. He will be able to pick up at least 50 hours a week, which is some much needed extra money, but at the same time I will be by myself for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. :( I am supporting him and I know this is what he needs to do for us right now, but it still doesn't change that I will be all alone during the wonderful holiday season. In years' past when he was away for the holidays, I was only about 2 hours from family, so I was never by myself.

He is set to leave next Tuesday and I am sad. I am not sure what I will do. We really can't afford for me to fly everywhere (it would kind of defeat the purpose of him going down there to make more money). I found a relatively cheap flight from Indianapolis to Tulsa, so maybe I will go stay with my parents over Christmas. Oh what to do, what to do. Any advice anyone?

I guess I need to start booking more jewelry shows to cover my expenses! Anyone wanna host a Premier Designs Jewelry Show? :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that is sad he will be gone. But you have the right idea. stay busy.

Julie said...

gas is cheap. quit that dirty job of yours and just come home for a few months ;)

Sherry said...

That sucks. I can kind of relate to being lonely sometimes, but the holidays really suck. You should try to go to Tulsa for Christmas at least if you found that cheap flight. Give me a call if you get really lonely and bored!

Unknown said...

I told you what to do already silly!! Catch the flight home or catch a ride here!