Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26 is a great day!

31 years ago today, my parents were married in Edmond, OK in a simple ceremony at the courthouse.

Their marriage is just as strong today as it was back then and they didn't need to spend their life savings to make it a wonderful wedding.

I look up to them for this. They did not always have it easy during the late 70s, early 80s when the economy was starting to plummet. I will always remember my mom telling me stories about the hardships they faced in Okmulgee, OK while my dad was in college.... eating bologna for weeks because it was all they could afford, car problems and having no money to do fun things. This hardship, in my opinion, is what cemented their marriage and made them who they are today. The never had a lot growing up, they endured the tough times together and taught my sister and I that you have to work for what you want... nothing comes easy.

I have such fond memories of my parents growing up. We had a lot of great times and I hope someday to provide the same memories for my children.

Thanks Mom and Dad and Happy Anniversary!!! I love you

May 26 is also a fabulous day because it is my best pal Jeremy's birthday and my girl Melanie's birthday! Happy birthday you two! Miss and love both of you very much!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww~!