I'm in Washington D.C. for work and it sucks. This city is pretty cool, but once you have been here and seen everything, that is pretty much it. And when you have to go at least once or twice a year for MANDATORY training, it begins to feel more like a chore than a nice trip to D.C.
I am extra cranky too because Jared just returned home from Louisiana on Saturday and I left for D.C. on Sunday. :( I am anxious to get home on Thursday and watch some OU Football with my hubby :)
On another random note... anyone ever have to sprint through an airport to make a connecting flight? We did it in Detroit and, seriously, my shins are killing me and my shoulder where I was carrying my laptop bag is soooo sore that I can barely move it. People were probably looking at us like freaks when we got on the plane.... we were all sweaty, breathing hard...couldn't be from the lack of exercise could it? :) I was glad we made it, but it took me a while to calm down and stop sweating. Gross. And, any of you who have been through Detroit... what is with the psychedelic light tunnel from Concourse C to A. I felt like I was in the middle of a hippies gathering in the 1960s and I needed to slip some LSD and "feel the music" and "look at flowers". It was freakin nuts. There was also some crazy techno music which made me feel like I needed to drop some E and love everyone. (I've been in drug prevention training all day so pardon my excessive drug references). :) It is insane and have no idea what it accomplishes besides freaking people out.
Two more days of training... UGH!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Ugh....
Posted by Stacy Birk at 1/05/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
I was wondering where you have been. Hope your travels are quick and better soon.
That light tunnel is like going to Woodstock without actually going through woodstock. It reminds of pink elephants and a yellow/green/pink kaliedascope. LOL
Enjoy D.C. Went there once and it was dirty and gross.
Oh ya, go Tebow and those Gators! LOL
Sorry to hear that you had to leave Jared as soon as he got home. I know that he will be glad for you to get home and both just stay in each others arms for a while. Hope you training goes fast. Stay safe.
Post a Comment