my precious 2006 Camry already needs repairs
That's right folks. The slate grey, four door beauty that we just purchased CERTIFIED in February has to go to the doctor.
She's got some issue with not wanting to lock and unlock the doors correctly. At first, I thought it was that I didn't know how to operate the keyless entry (yes, this was my first car to have keyless entry....lame I know). After reading the 2 pages in the manual on the automatic locks I quickly figured out it isn't just my inexperience with car technology.
Here's the deal. When you push the unlock button 2 times on the keyless entry it is supposed to unlock all the doors, right? Well... sometimes it would unlock them all and other times it wouldn't. The strange thing is, it would always work first thing in the morning, but then not the rest of the day. But, it is more than just the keyless entry. Even when I would click the button to unlock all the doors on the driver's side, they wouldn't unlock. I had to reach into the back and manually flip the lock over like I had a flippin' 1985 model Camry. Super annoying!
Bad News: I will have to turn my car over to them to get it fixed.
Good News: We extended our warranty when we purchased it... so no out of pocket expense for us! :)
For now, say a little prayer for my precious Lola. Hopefully she will be back up to her "showgirl" spirits soon. :)
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Poor poor Lola
Posted by Stacy Birk at 6/09/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Mine had the same problem a few months ago.. the chip that connected to the door that sends the signal to the key fob was bad.
Screwed the locks all up..
Post a Comment