Monday, June 22, 2009

Happenings in The Bend

Hope you are prepared for a full dose of randomness cause it is comin' folks!

CAR

First of all, I am happy to report that Lola, our 2006 Camry, is back up to her SHOWGIRL spirits. I took her into the dealership last week and they had a new part in her the next day. Now she unlocks and locks with perfection (which is a good thing living in this city). Bad news is we ended up dropping $240 on the '99 Camry for an oil change, new serpentine belt and the transmission flushed. :(

JADA

Well, my poor Jada Marie Birk will most likely end up having all her teeth pulled. She had two pulled in January when she went in for a cleaning. Now, 6 months later, her gums are all red again. They said some cats are just more prone to it... I think she is one of them. She is only 4, so I am so saddened to hear this news. But, she is a spunky, sweet and fun loving little cat so I think she will pull through well :) I just feel bad for her. (Sorry folks, but until I have a kid, you will have to hear stories about my baby Jada. My wanna-be-a-mom mentality goes into overdrive with her, haha).

JARED

is doing well, just working hard as usual this time of year. His hip seems to be ok, although I know we will spend some time looking for and talking to doctors and physical therapist after the season is over. We plan to have a 4th of July party at the warehouse with all the workers so we are excited about that and actually getting to shoot off some fireworks. Should be fun! After season I hope to get my husband back so we can go to some Silverhawks and Cubs games, hit the casino, do some karaoke and some traveling. We always make so many plans for after the season is over, so I am excited to get my husband back. :)

ME

I have just been working and sitting at home. Pretty lame actually. I haven't even been working my jewelry business. I still love it, just not real motivated right now I guess. It will come back soon I hope.

There are a lot of changes happening at my job right now that have me a little worried and preoccupied. My job is not is danger, but our organization is going through A LOT of changes. I just hope everything turns out ok.

I also joined an election campaign for sheriff. I am really excited about working on a political campaign, I have never done anything like this before. I don't even really know the guy, but several of my friends are supporting him and are serving on his committee and so I jumped on the bandwagon. We are currently planning a golf outing and I helped created a Facebook page for him. :) It should be fun!

Yes, our house is still for sale and I am TIRED of talking about it. There is a lady at work that asks me EVERYDAY (not an exaggeration) if we have sold it yet. NO LADY! STOP ASKING ME! Jared and I are about at our wits end with this house. We love it, why can't someone else fall in love with it and offer us a decent price for it. It is frustrating. If we don't have it sold by the end of the summer we are probably going to rent it out. We are so scared to do this, but at this point we have no choice. We are losing a considerable amount of money each month on this house and even if we could break even and make just enough for our mortgage would help us out. It is just scary and we would have to find someone we really trust to manage it for us. UGH! My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it!

That's about is for updates. :) I could go on and on... you all know I am a talker, but I will spare you just this one time. :)

Have a great week everyone!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything will be fine.

Breath.. In and Out.. In and Out..


Theres got to be someone local that is a friend you could trust on this?