Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The madness begins tomorrow

does everyone have their brackets filled out and ready to go?

I picked OU... go figure! What is funny is that a guy I worked with picked OU too, so I definitely won't be lonely in my cheer section. He's a Domer and since Notre Dame didn't make the tourney, he decided to go for my team.

I even got several people at work to do a bracket challenge, so it will make the work days go by a little faster :)

In other news.... I worked a table for Premier Designs at the Women's Expo last weekend. It was great! I talked to a lot of wonderful women, sold a few items off my table and got ALOT of contacts to follow-up with. I am hopeful that I will be able to fill my calendar in the next few weeks. Prayers needed please :)

The new car is running great and it was fantastic to drive around in 75 degree weather yesterday with all the windows down. Ah... I love spring! I have been in such a fabulous mood because the weather is better. Funny how a simple thing like weather can change your attitude so much.

Now, let's get serious for a moment bloggers. There is something very important we need to talk about.... AMERICAN IDOL! I am going to make some predictions this year. I always say that I will make some early predictions, but never do. Well, this is the year my friends.

Drum roll please........... I predict that our top 2 will be: Adam and Allison.

Country week was rough this week, but it always is. I love country music, but I can't even tell you of a country performance in year's past that just blew me away. So, even though Adam had a rough time (You don't mess with Johnny Cash buddy) and Allison did alright (love the raspy sound to her voice), I really think they have the best stage presence (with the exception of Lil, she rocks too). Adam's ability to "make a song his own" reminds me of Chris Daughtry and David Cook. I think we desperately need an Allison to win, or at least be a top 2 finalist. We really haven't had a cool rock chick and I would love to see that! Alexis has it too, but I think Allison's stage presence and her tone is better. And, let's not discount Danny and Kris. I think they are both really great singers and, if you would have asked me a few weeks ago I would have picked Danny as a top 2. But, I worry about his consistency. We will see.... you never know with American Idol! :)

What do you all think? What are your predictions? Let's chat!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love Allison and Adam too! (He wasn't great last night, but like you said Country is hard to do.) I am still rooting for those 2 the most. I like Danny, Kris, and the other guy that plays the piano alot, not the blind guy. I can't remember his name though which is not good. This has been a pretty good season as far as talent and I think it will get better and better each week.

Anonymous said...

I have YET to watch IDOL this year!! FIRST YEAR that I have missed it.. I feel so out of the loop!