Monday, March 2, 2009

Come on spring!

I've got spring fever real bad

This morning I stared into my closet and wanted so desperately to put on some cute gaucho pants, spring-y top and flip flops. But Mother Nature shut down that dream rather quickly with a 12 degree morning. YUCK. I am certain my feet will need a major overhaul before spring. I don't think I have seem my little piggies much this winter, except in the shower and even then they are covered with water because our drain is slow. I haven't even painted them since probably October... gross. :)

Anyway, the Birk Family is anxiously awaiting spring and much of the residents of northern Indiana are as well. Apparently, this winter was really bad, according to the locals. So, I guess Jared and I got introduced to the worst of it, hopefully next year will be better.

Other than that, things have been pretty calm. Our budget is working out tremendously well and I think we will be able to pay Uncle Sam soon! That will be a huge sigh of relief for us. We are still hopeful that we will be able to make it to S.C. for Jeremy and Marla's wedding too, but it is too early for us to say yet... even though it is a month away! (I know... we are total procrastinators).

I watched my friend's little girl Sunday for a little bit while they were moving and I have to say, I did pretty well. We played and watched her favorite movie "Horton Hears a Who" and then I smelled it. Yep, it did no good for me to say "please don't poop while I am watching you" because she did it anyway. Like I have said before, I am baby retarded. I have changed one diaper my whole life and now, I have changed 2. And seriously, how does it get all over them? Really? I bet I used a whole box of wipes trying to clean her up while she bounced her legs all around and laughed. I bet she thought I was quite a sight to see. Surprisingly, the smell and the "contents" didn't bother me too much (which is good). I struggled with everything else, haha. That little bundle of joy was bouncing around so much I could barely get her new diaper on and by the time I did she was crying. Well, at least I got it on! Then I worked as fast as I could to get her pants and shoes on (she loves shoes and she screams if you don't put them on her).

Then she was hungry, so I fed her some peas, crackers and few cookies that her momma had set out for me. She was giggling and had it all over, but it was fun. Thanks Genevieve for teaching this "rookie" how to do it. :)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

sounds like you did just fine. practice is all it takes. i remember i was soooooooo scared when my sister left me alone with my neice...yikes..but know this..you really can't do anything wrong..

I want spring too..my clothes are calling me.