Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just 2 more days and we are off

Ah vacation... I can almost feel the sand under my toes

Work is crazy this week, but my one saving grace is that Thursday evening my handsome hubby and I are heading to the east coast for our bestest friends (Jeremy and Marla) wedding. I have been itching for some kind of vacation for a while and although it will be a short and cheap trip, it will be nice to get away and spend time with friends.

The only part that I cringe about is the 15 hour drive ahead of us. Why aren't we flying, you may ask? Well, the answer is easy. We could fly into Myrtle Beach, which would be outrageously expensive (probably about $400 for one person). Or we could fly into Charlotte or Charleston and rent a car and drive to Myrtle Beach (again... very expensive) or we could drive and spend about $150 on gas round-trip. So, we opted to drive. It will be a helluva long trip, but at least we have a new car to drive :)

So, wish us luck on our adventure! We will need it since we tend to fight like cats and dogs on long car trips, haha. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a great time babe!