courtesy of my "sista from anotha mista" Tara at Blog Makeovers by Tara.
I was in a lime green kinda mood, so this is the great creation that was made for me. Thanks Tara!!!
Nothing new here (I hate blogs that start like this, but this one is unavoidable). Jared and Hicks are in KS until Thursday (so jealous) and I have been working and preparing for my trip to DC next week for a conference. I am fighting off a cold with all my might, and so is everyone else in our office. YUCK!
So, since this blog is soooo boring, I will try to make it interactive for ya'll.
Jared's truck is shot. I mean, we COULD put a new transmission in it, but it is '91 Ford so is it really worth it? Soooo.... looks like a new car is in our future. This is where the interactive-ness (is that a word) comes into play.
Should we....
1. Buy him a cheap truck or car to get him through a year or so until we can sell the house and afford more (and hope it doesn't cause us even more problems than his truck)
2. Take advantage of all the great financing rates and get a new or certified used car for me and give him the Camry. The only risk with this one is being able to afford a payment. BUT, I would even take a 2005 or 2006 (heck, it is still newer than my 99 Camry or his 91 Ford), which would cut back the payments.
And 3. If we DO get a vehicle, what should we get. (SPECIAL NOTE: I am partial to foreign cars. Don't hate me for it. I feel bad for those that have lost their jobs in the Big 3, but I just prefer Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans. I am not opposed to the Big 3, but I would have to see some great Consumer Reports to convince me that they are better than Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans. Sorry). I also prefer a car, but a small SUV has crossed my mind since we will be having a family in the future. What do ya'll think?
Thanks for participating in my interactive blog. Your comments are appreciated :)
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Like my new digs?
Posted by Stacy Birk at 2/03/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
I think you should buy a newer car and break the back seat in a bit. That might get you the baby you are wanting!
I'm voting for a crossover... We had a brand new Yukon and sold it when the gas prices went up. It was way too big. I'm driving a used Camry and love it, but Travis's car (my college car)probably won't last past this year. We're looking at crossovers for the fam. We have 2 cars now and it SUCKS because we can't buy anything big. We have to have everything delivered or borrow a truck! Have fun with your choice!
If you can find something decent I would go certified used. SUV's are way down in price as well right now too. Maybe you can find a good deal. Good luck!
Oh, and I like the new page. Its pretty!
I also think you should look at the crossovers. Not just for the family aspect, but for the functunality. Plus, they have to be able to handle better in the snow/ice. I just went looking with my mother-in-law at ones with All Wheel Drive(much better than 4WD). They were very spacious, drove like a little car, but you felt a little safer on the road. There's such great prices and comparabel gas mileage rates right now. Good luck! Oh, love the new page.
Post a Comment