Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well, I used to could!

there is an old stand-up routine with Jeff Foxworthy talking about all the things he used to be able to do, but can't now.

This phrase "well, I used to could" resonates pretty well in my life these days. Getting older is a bitch ain't it? I mean, my mom got me a massage chair thing for Christmas for my back pain! When did gifts like this happen? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT, LOVE IT... but it just shows how old my poor body is getting. Waking up in the morning is like pouring milk over a bowl of Rice Crispies.... SNAP, CRACKLE... POP! OUCH! Bones and muscles I didn't even know could pop are popping and cracking followed by a huge sigh of relief. Hell, I have even woke Jared up getting outta bed with my morning cracking routine. Embarrassing? Nah... he married me, he can deal with it :)

As I was doing my 20 Turbo Jam workout this morning all the things I used to be able to do came to mind... mostly following my tumble to the ground during one part of the routine. Let me paint the picture for you. --- I am fighting back the yawns as we enter the last 7 minutes of the workout. I am tired... but surviving. I can hear her pushing me "Jab, cross... jab, cross..... upper cut, upper cut.... jab, kick front, kick back. As I move from my front kick to my back kick I lost my balance (imagine that) and my ankle fell to the side and down I went on my ass.... barely missing my cat Jada. She looked horrified. Which, I guess I would too if a fat ass almost landed on me! I get back up, laugh at my total lack of gracefulness and kept on going. To read about more of my nasty falls, click here.

You know, I used to have good balance. I used to be able to dance pretty good too when I was younger. I used to never get hangovers. I used to be able to stay up real late and sleep in until the afternoon. I used to be able to eat McDonalds twice a week without gaining a pound. The list just goes on and on.

Blogging regularly? Well, I used to could. But I hope to start changing that one. The rest of them are unfortunately difficult to change. :)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for making me smile this morning. I hope Jade has calmed down ;).. I totally agree some things are HARD to change.