my husband has this great big red bag he uses when he travels...
It is BIG. I mean, it has wheels so it almost a suitcase, but shaped like a bag. Not even sure where he got this massive piece of luggage. But, nonetheless he utilizes this bag for all of his big work trips and it seems to work well for him.
Until he gets home and it is time to unpack it.
Before I get to my point, let me share a story with you. About a year ago, Jared took a short trip back to Kansas. Instead of using the big red bag he decided to use my small red suitcase. He returned late one evening and left the suitcase at the end of the bed on the floor. --- SIDE NOTE --- anyone that KNOWS me knows that I cannot stand clutter. Our apartment is tiny therefore some clutter is unavoidable, but when a suitcase or bag is left unpacked for days it drives me crazy!
So, there the suitcase sat... for a few days before I asked him to unpack it and put it away. Of course his response was "I'll get to it... I just wanna relax today". So it sat for another few days and that became a week. I even caught him, no lie, grabbing clean clothes out of his suitcase to wear, but would not unpack it.
So, in the fit of cleaning rage one day. I took the suitcase with everything in it and placed it inside the big suitcase in the closet where it belongs! He never said a word about it. It was only a few weeks later that I got my revenge and proved my point. Jared calls me from work and asked me where his blue mesh shorts were. Hell, I didn't know. I looked briefly and then I thought.... I bet they are in that freakin' suitcase he never unpacked. Sure as hell... there they were!! So I grabbed them outta the suitcase, placed them on the bed and called him. Me: "Found your shorts, wanna guess where they were?" Jared: "I have no idea." Me:"How about inside that suitcase you never unpacked. I suggest you unpack that as soon as you get home." And... you know what.... he did. He unpacked it but not without giving me a hard time for "putting it away". God forbid I clean up something, right? :)
So, here we are today. Jared returned from his long work trip in South Carolina a few days before I got home, yet I returned to his big red bag sitting at the end of the bed busting at the seams it was so full. My things were unpacked and put away the next day. His, is still sitting there. Part of me thinks he does it because he KNOWS it bothers me and he keeps saying "why don't you just unpack it for me if it bothers you so much." I am not going to do it. I am his wife, not his mother. He is a big boy and can unpack his own bag. :)
The battle of wills has begun.... who will win?








1 comments:
LOL...this reminds me of a "Everybody loves Raymond" episode. Too funny. Don't back down girl.
Post a Comment