Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A purging of laziness, if you will

I am organizing my life...

I use the same lame excuse all the time "I have no time". But the honest truth is, I have plenty of time. I am just lazy or I just don't wanna do it.

I get up. Get ready. Go to work. Come home. Maybe (not often at all) make dinner. Sit my ass in the recliner and watch TV and Facebook all night. God... I am lame!

Sometimes, we go out to dinner or go do something fun on week nights, but not often. Yet, anytime I need to explain why something is not done I always say I am busy. Well, I am calling bullshit on myself this time! No excuses for not exercising. No excuses for not cooking and grocery shopping (I hate both of these by the way). No excuses for not keeping the apartment picked up and clean all the time. Not to say it is filthy dirty at all, but just keeping up with it and keeping things put away on a daily basis is better than on a weekly or monthly basis like I normally do.

Thing is, I never used to be this lazy. I used to be a go-getter... always busy doing something. Hell, in junior college I had a full semester of classes, was editor of the school paper (for which I was paid), also worked about 20-30 hours a week at the grocery store and 1 day a week at a doctor's office. Not to mention all the special committees and projects I was on. I think about it and I am exhausted. No idea, how I did it. That continued into my 4 year college and for about the first few years after. Then, I am not sure what happened. But I just got lazy. Well, I am done with it! No more lazy Stacy!

So, today, I made a menu of meals for the rest of the month and a shopping list. I know for many of you this is an easy "DUH, I already do that" kinda task. But for me, I never do this. I let Jared do most of the shopping and half the time we "fend for ourselves" when it comes to dinner. My philosophy is.... I work too, just like he does and I do all the laundry and a big chunk of the cleaning as well as make sure bills are paid, so why should I come home and slave over a stove like June Cleaver every night to cook for 2 people while he sits on his ass??? Hmmmmm. :) No guarantees that I will be Rachael Ray anytime soon, but I am gonna try a little harder.

I also made a schedule for each day of the week of what workouts I am doing and what chores around the house. It doesn't seem like that much when you spread it out over a week. :)

So, here's to a new start and to a ROUTINE!

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Good for you! I just made a cleaning list for two weekend and will just rotate them (more for once I start back full time and can't do stuff in the mornings like I do now). Also, I am trying to figure out a good workout routine too. I have been back on the tredmill this week, but I also need to do some light weights and ab stuff. Now that its just me and Jackson, I really need to figure out meals. I never plan meals ahead, I would love to do that. I kind of do, you know, oh that sounds good sometime, but not this day is this and so on. It is hard to do. Anyway, good luck!